NextTribe is going to Machu Picchu and you’re invited!
SOLD OUT–Taking names for waitlist.
October 1-9, 2022
7 nights/8 days including 3 nights/4 days on the Inca Trail
Limited to: 12 adventurous women
If Machu Picchu is on your bucket list or even a glimmer on your travel horizon, we can take you there. We’re running an all-woman hike of the Inca Trail with a proven tour operator in Peru, and will end up at mystical, magical Macchu Picchu for a day of exploration.
Co-founder Jeannie Ralston has hiked the Inca Trail before–read all about it here–and will be on the trip to encourage other hikers. We will start our trip in the fascinating colonial city of Cusco (11,000 feet in elevation) so we have two days to adjust to the altitude. Then we hit the trail with our guides and tour company (our packs, tents, food and other necessities will be carried by a small army of porters), trekking through the land once traversed by Incans, climbing Dead Woman’s Pass, passing through the Sun Gate and onto the prize. Besides viewing these ancient ruins set beside a gum-drop peak, our reward will be one night in the super-luxurious Belmont Sanctuary Lodge at the base of Machu Picchu.
Please be aware that you need to be healthy and at least of an average fitness level for this hike. You don’t need a lot of hiking or altitude experience to make the trek, but we do ask you to train before departure (through frequent walks and hikes to build appropriate muscles). See more physical and health information here and read Jeannie’s story closely.
The Women’s Inca Trail Hike Includes:
- Transfers to and from Cusco airport (Code: CUZ)
- 2 nights in Cusco before the hike, 1 night in Cusco following the hike
- Breakfasts and dinners in Cusco
- Entrance to museums and other organized activities in Cusco
- All food and lodging (in tents) along the Inca Trail
- Porters to carry your bags on the trail
- Experienced guides to ensure our success
- Time to explore Machu Picchu with our guides
- 1 night in the gorgeous Belmont Sanctuary Lodge at the base of Machu Picchu, with all meals included (innovative fusion dishes with artisanal produce)
- Train return to Cusco
- Air transportation to Cusco
- Tips to porters and guides
- Any body treatments at Belmont Sanctuary Lodge.
- Travel insurance (highly recommended). For more information on travel insurance, check out this Forbes article that rates different companies, and this site, which compares quotes.
Cost: $2975 per person for double room
Single supplement: $1,000
Hold your place with a $500 non-refundable deposit
Unlike other NextTribe trips, we cannot transfer this deposit to another trip if you need to cancel because we incur a hefty charge from the tour company if someone cancels after they have requested permits from the government. However, if NextTribe cancels, you will receive a full refund, and if COVID prevents us from traveling, we WILL apply the deposit to another trip.
Payment due by July 1st. Non-refundable after August 2nd.