NextTribe is going back to Machu Picchu and you’re invited!
September 30-October 8, 2023
8 nights/9 days including 3 nights/4 days on the Inca Trail
Limited to: 12 adventurous women
If Machu Picchu is on your bucket list or even a glimmer on your travel horizon, we can take you there. We’re running an all-woman hike of the Inca Trail with a proven tour operator in Peru, and will end up at mystical, magical Macchu Picchu for a day of exploration.
Co-founder Jeannie Ralston has hiked the Inca Trail twice–read all about it here–and will be on the trip to encourage other hikers, just as she was in October ’22 when all 12 women in the group successfully completed the hike.
We will start our trip in the fascinating colonial city of Cusco (11,000 feet in elevation) so we have three days to adjust to the altitude. Then we hit the trail with our guides and tour company (our packs, tents, food and other necessities will be carried by a small army of porters), trekking through the land once traversed by Incans, climbing Dead Woman’s Pass, passing through the Sun Gate and onto the prize. Besides viewing these ancient ruins set beside a gum-drop peak, our reward will be one night in the super-luxurious Belmont Sanctuary Lodge at the base of Machu Picchu.
Detailed itinerary coming soon.
Please be aware that you need to be healthy and at least of an average fitness level for this hike. You should put in some time training on hiking trails, stairs and, if possible, at altitude before departure. We will discuss training well in advance of the trip. See more physical and health information here and read Jeannie’s story closely.
The Women’s Inca Trail Hike Includes:
- 3 nights in Cusco before the hike, 1 night in Cusco following the hike
- Breakfasts and dinners in Cusco
- Peruvian cooking class
- Entrance to museums and walking tour in Cusco
- All food and lodging (in tents) along the Inca Trail
- Porters to carry your bags on the trail
- Experienced guides to ensure our success
- Time to explore Machu Picchu with our guides
- 1 night in the gorgeous Belmont Sanctuary Lodge at the base of Machu Picchu, with all meals included (innovative fusion dishes with artisanal produce)
- Tips for porters and guides on Inca Trail
- Train return to Cusco
- Airport transfers to and from the airport in Cusco.
- Air transportation to Cusco
- Any body treatments at Belmont Sanctuary Lodge.
- Travel insurance; required.
Cost: $3,900 per person for double room
Single supplement: $1,000
Hold your place with a $500 non-refundable deposit
Unlike other NextTribe trips, we cannot transfer this deposit to another trip if you need to cancel because we incur a hefty charge from the tour company if someone cancels after they have requested permits from the government. However, if NextTribe cancels, you will receive a full refund, and if COVID prevents us from traveling, we WILL apply the deposit to another trip.
Payment in full due by June 15th. Non-refundable after July 30th.
For more information about what it takes to complete the Inca Trail, watch this info session where hikers from October 2022 answered questions. (Apologies for no sound on first video.)