Sex after 50. It exists (oh, yes it does!), but nobody seems to be talking about it—or so we thought. We went on a search to find blogs for women over 50 and discovered a bevy of pages that are filled to the brim with relatable chatter about getting down at midlife.
For a nice, bracing jolt of honest info and writing about matters of sex and love after a certain age, check out these five sites:
- Head-Heart Health. With the tagline “Celebrating (mid)life’s big juicy moments,” this site doesn’t pull any punches. Try this line on for size: “It wasn’t a lack of sexual desire, it was a lack of desire for my husband.“ It’s typical of the writing you’ll find here about sexuality, love, romance and dating. Good and addictive.
- MelaniRobinson.com Single after divorce, then widowhood, Robinson is a funny and engaging writer who tackles such topics as, “Brazilian Wax: Am I Too Old to Go Bare Down There,” to “What I Learned from a Year of Online Dating.” Her site also links to podcasts. We’re fans!
- Sexual Health & Menopause Online Forgive the pun, but this is a dry approach to a dry topic. Sex after menopause is not always a comfortable thing, and this site, co-edited by M.D.s, will give you the straight scoop on what’s going on with your body and what helps, from at-home to Rx solutions.
- WalkerThornton.com Sex educator and author of the book “Inviting Desire,” Thornton shares thoughts on sex, libido and communication with your partner. There’s also a guide to livening things up behind closed doors, including the article “Buying Your First Sex Toy.”
- Better After 50. This site has loads of great content in its Relationships and Body sections. From taking a sex-every-night challenge to bringing a bartender home one night, the topics are frank and personal and the writing lively and entertaining.
Share your favorite sites in the comments section.