Aging boldly is a beautiful thing—and the proof is in your answers to the Second Annual NextTribe Survey.
We know it’s a cliché, but you really do Go, girl!
Hundreds of women from all across the country chimed in to tell us who you are, what you want, where you’re headed, and how we can help. It’s an honor and a privilege to provide content that cheers you on to be your best in body, mind, and spirit, and to host a community you can truly relate to. As Dana from Austin, TX, sums up: “I love to know there’s a group of women like myself who are vibrant and optimistic and making waves.”
Our Survey of Midlife Women
Here’s what we learned about you:
- It’s What’s Inside That Counts. Surface stuff is so not your trip! Most of you say the best thing about being this age is the wisdom you’ve gained, and that you’re comfortable with who you are. Yet you’re still growing. Nearly 59 percent of you read NextTribe in your quest for personal fulfillment. About 13 percent of you care about beauty and fashion advice, but more than double that (32 percent) are seeking spirituality. Ohm!
- You’re Out There. We know it’s a cliché, but you really do Go, girl! More than 56 percent of you say NextTribe is your go-to for info on travel and adventure, and spending time outside is your activity of choice—with friends, your romantic partner, or simply solo. “I came here looking for women’s travel groups and loved the entire site!” says Christine of West Hazleton, PA. “It feels like home!”
- You’re Brilliant. Gotta love how Paula from Abilene, TX, explains why she visits NextTribe: “It speaks to issues that are of interest to women my age who are educated and want to make the world better.” Some 40 percent of you are college grads and nearly 33 percent have advanced degrees. No wonder 52 percent cite reading as your favorite pastime.
- You’re Amazing Moms! Nearly 57 percent of you achieved that tremendous goal of having grown children living independently. Nice job!
- You Care About Community. One reason NextTribe keeps growing? Women like you are spreading the word! “I’ve shared NextTribe with friends as I find the information presented to be useful and apply to my age and lifestyle,” says Jeann from Visalia, CA. “I want my friends to have a support system that they can use to encourage them to move forward and embrace each stage of life. You make your life through your thoughts and actions!”
- You Will Be Seen, You Will Be Heard! You’re well aware that marketers worship that 18- to-34-year-old demo, but you fully believe that midlife women can and will change the world. As Michele from New York City puts it: “We are incredibly powerful!” Mm-hmm!
Here’s to another great year for our Tribe!