Saturday Sept. 18th – Wednesday Sept. 22nd
4 nights; 5 days
Santa Fe attracts visitors for many reasons:
- The ethereal beauty of the purple-brown desert mountains.
- A stunning culture that reflects a long, dramatic convergence of Native Americans and Spaniards.
- Its mystic spiritualness, where the Native Americans believe the soul can see more than the eye can.
- The art scene, which runs the spectrum from Native American interpretations of the landscape to Georgia O’Keefe to surreal, interactive installations.
These are aspects you can soak up on most any trip to Santa Fe.
As part of NextTribe’s Locally Sourced Travel, we are taking 12 women to Santa Fe to see and feel something that can only be experienced on our tour.
We have curated a trip that gets you behind the adobe facade that the city shows tourists.
On the NextTribe Tour of Santa Fe, our first trip scheduled after COVID (all travelers will be asked to get the vaccine before departure), you will meet local women artists, writers, designers, and entrepreneurs; you will be welcomed into the homes and studios of women who have your same spirit and thirst for adventure; you will be guided by hometown gals who truly know the city, the culture, the history…and what is really worth seeing.
Our tour ends the same day that the famous Santa Fe Wine and Chile Festival begins, so if you can lengthen your stay, you might want to catch that.
Price includes the following:
- 4 nights at the Drury Plaza Inn, steps from the main plaza.
- Architectural/history walking tour led by Elena Junes, an expert on Native American culture in Northern New Mexico.
- Traditional cooking class (using an horno) and dinner at the home at the Ohkay Owingeh pueblo.
- Luncheon reception at the home of a local jewelry artist.
- Visit to the studio of internationally acclaimed sculptor Munson Hunt.
- Visit to the studio of photographer Jennifer Schlesinger, where we will be joined by other accomplished local women.
- Happy Hour reception at Edition One Gallery on Canyon Road, with talks by photographer Pilar Law and her mother, the counterculture photographer Lisa Law.
- Dinner at one of Santa Fe’s most acclaimed restaurants, Paloma
- Visit to the world-famous 10,000 Waves
- Visit to the revolutionary art experience, Meow Wolf
- Hike along an arroyo trail, by local adventurer and jewelry artist Amy Kawadler.
- Tour to Ghost Ranch and Abiqiui to visit Georgia O’Keefe’s home.
- Lunch at Cafe Abiquiu at Abiqiui Inn.
- Breakfast every morning.
- Shopping tour through Santa Fe.
- Airport transfers (we recommend this shuttle service to take you from the Albuquerque airport to the hotel in Santa Fe).
- Alcohol (apart from what is included at receptions)
- Tips and gratuities at hotel and on alcohol bill at included meals.
- Travel insurance (highly recommended). For more information on travel insurance, check out this Forbes article that rates different companies, and this site, which compares quotes.
Fill out form below and send us a $300 deposit to hold your spot!
We are asking that all those who sign up get their COVID vaccines before departure.
After filling out our form, you will be directed to PayPal to pay your deposit. If you’d rather mail a check or use another platform for making your deposit, please contact us info@NextTribe.com.