Seniors are glomming onto social media like kids in a candy store. Consider that 62 percent of adults 65 plus who are online now use Facebook, versus 48 percent in 2015. And Boomers are wending their way through Instagram, too, with a variety of fun, fabulous and fierce accounts—including fashion-focused ones that inspire all of us to have more fun with self-expression.
Plenty of these Insta influencers are now earning money as models, style consultants, spokespeople and more, thanks to their accounts. Could you do the same? Check out these feeds and who knows…maybe it’s time to start flaunting your daily looks on social media:
- @bagandaberet This Canadian boomer has a wicked sense of style, with Technicolor faux fur and track pants all putting in appearances.
- @baddiewinkle This 89-year-old’s outrageous outfits (think hot pink, mini’s galore) and joie de vivre have millions of followers entranced
- @iconaccidental Professor and trendsetter Lyn Slater proves that being 60 plus doesn’t dull one’s fashion sense: It can actually amp it up. NextTribe saluted her as a woman of the year, and she just keeps getting bolder and better!
- @jennykeeoz An Australian artist and knitwear designer, 71, who wears blazing colors and patterns and looks awesome doing it
- @lili_hayes A 69-year-old with major attitude, serving up some quirky grandma-style humor and looks to 100,000+ followers
- @lindaandwinks Model and creator of Rodin beauty products, Linda Rodin shows off lots of denim, the world’s coolest sunglasses, and her poodle Winks
- @notdeadyetstyle The name says it all: Irreverent looks worn by one over-the-top over-50 woman
- @saramaijewels This 63-year-old shows off the jewels she sells and a fearless sense of style (seems she never met a print she didn’t like)
- @seniorstylebible Former Playboy Bunny, Dorrie Jacobson, 83, is now a style blogger, rocking everything from athleisure-wear to gowns
- @silver_isthenewblonde Snapshots of a chic, “age-positive” lifestyle. More mainstream, wearable looks than the others – not that there’s anything wrong with that!