PLEASE READ ALL GUIDELINES BEFORE SUBMITTING OR YOUR WORK MAY BE DISQUALIFIED.
- You must be a woman, or identify as one, aged 45 or older at the time of submission. During judging, we will verify by asking for a copy of your driver’s license.
- The submission period is from May 26th – July 18, 2022
- The entry fee is $10 for members and $25 for non-members. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- This is a personal essay contest. Do not submit short stories or other types of fiction, journalistic articles or poetry. Do not submit any work over 1,200 words. If you go over, or don’t submit in the proper format, it will be disqualified.
- We expect all judging to be complete by the end of July 2022, if not before. Please do not contact us about the status of your submission until that time.
- You may enter more than one essay, but please fill out a separate form for each one. Each entry requires a separate application fee.
- You may enter simultaneously submitted work. However, if one of your pieces is accepted for publication anywhere else, please email us at admin@NextTribe.com immediately so we know your essay is no longer under consideration. We are not able to give refunds for contest entries that were accepted for publication elsewhere, so consider your options carefully before entering simultaneously submitted work.
- You can enter more than one essay, but each entry will require a separate entry fee.
- We prefer Word documents, but we will also accept PDFs.
- Please do give your essay a title and make sure that title matches the name you enter on the form.
- Do not put your name on the essay that you submit. We will identify you after judging based on the title of the work.
- A blind reading will be conducted by our judging panel. The winner will receive free admission to an intensive digital reinvention workshop conducted by our partner Camp Reinvention, and publication in NextTribe. We will also pick 2 runners up, who each will receive a discount on the Camp Reinvention course and publication in NextTribe.
- Although we very rarely do so, please know that we reserve the right to extend the official deadline as needed. Any deadline extensions will be announced via our newsletter, on our website, and in social media.
- All submissions must be submitted via our online submission form manager. We will not accept mail or email submissions.
- All submissions must be previously unpublished.
- International (non-US) writers are welcome to submit.
- All copyright in material submitted or chosen for prizes remains with the author.