Thurs. April 20th–Mon. April 24th
Spend a spring weekend in New York City. Meet artists, writers, editors, and actors who live and work in the city. Visit the gorgeous apartments of other NextTribers. Experience the city like a local. Eat and drink in hidden gems.
Limited to 14 women
NextTribe co-founder Jeannie Ralston moved to New York’s East Village last April, and ever since then she’s been thinking of the cool places and fascinating women in downtown and Brooklyn that she would like other NextTribers to know.
She’s put them all together for this special spring weekend, with the help of many friends who live downtown.
Check out this video where we discuss what you’ll be seeing and doing on this trip and answer questions.
What’s Included in Our New York City Trip (a Lot!)
- Four nights at the chic Indigo Hotel on the Lower East Side
- Dinners at classic downtown restaurants
- Intimate catered lunches in NextTriber homes in Greenwich Village and Brooklyn Heights
- Speakers at lunch time, including Sara Nelson, executive editor at book publisher Harper Collins
- Private performances in East Village theater space by writers/actresses, including Jenny Allen
- Welcome cocktail party at Jeannie Ralston’s East Village apartment
- Private lunch at Katz’s Deli, with the former owner Diana Dell*
- Dim sum lunch with some of NextTribe’s most popular writers
- Sample sale and designer consignment store shopping
- Lower Manhattan walking tour (including the Sept. 11 memorial) with local expert
- Walkthrough of Greenwich Village with a NextTriber who has lived in the Village all her life
- Private tour of the Whitney Museum’s exhibition of Native American artist Jaune Quick-to-See Smith
- Private tour of the New Museum’s exhibition on Kenyan artist Wangechi Mutu.
- Walk on High Line and shopping in Chelsea Market
- Tenement Museum performance
- Ferry ride to Brooklyn
- Walk over Brooklyn Bridge with local expert
- Shopping and art galleries in SoHo
- Late-night entertainment options, such as Marie’s Crisis Piano Bar and the Ear Inn
- All breakfasts
- Swag bag filled with gifts from eco beauty companies, worth more than $160
- MetroCard for all public transport
*To be confirmed
Please be aware that our visit will include a lot of walking. We will either walk to events/restaurants or take public transportation, unless we’re out late at night. We’ll cover that for the party animals.
What’s Not Included:
- Transport to and from airport
- Alcohol (other than wine) at dinner
- Cabs or Ubers if you don’t want to walk or take public transport (unless we’re out late at night; in that case we’ll cover).
$2,850 for double room, all inclusive ($100 discount for NextTribe members)
$800 single supplement charge
If you live in NYC area or do NOT need a hotel, you can join the trip for $1,850 ($100 discount for NextTribe members)
Hold your place with a $500 deposit (deposit is non-refundable but transferable to another NextTribe trip)
Balance due Jan. 31
Non-refundable after Feb. 20
We strongly encourage our guests to purchase travel insurance to protect your investment. You can now buy travel insurance through NextTribe! Go to this link and where the form says “Agency ID: optional” enter this number for the best deal: F212033.
Fill out the form below to save your spot. After you hit “submit,” you will be directed to PayPal so you can pay your deposit. Please note that we cannot hold your reservation until you pay your deposit. Thanks!