PLEASE READ ALL GUIDELINES BEFORE SUBMITTING OR YOUR WORK MAY BE DISQUALIFIED.
- You must be a woman, or identify as one, aged 45 or older at the time of submission. During judging, we will verify by asking for a copy of your driver’s license.
- The submission period is from Feb. 1st to May 8th, 2023
- The entry fee is $10 for members and $25 for non-members. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- This is a short story contest. Do not submit personal essays, articles, poetry. (For clarification on what we consider a short story please click here.) Do not submit any work over 20 pages, double-spaced in 12 pt. Times Roman font. (Approx. 5,000 words.) If you go over, or don’t submit in the proper format, it will be disqualified.
- We expect all judging to be complete by the end of June 2023, if not before. Please do not contact us about the status of your submission until that time.
- You may enter more than one story, but please fill out a separate form for each one. Each entry will require a separate application–amount depends on your membership status.
- You may enter simultaneously submitted work. However, if one of your pieces is accepted for publication anywhere else, please email us at info@NextTribe.com immediately so we know your story is no longer under consideration. We are not able to give refunds for contest entries that were accepted for publication elsewhere, so consider your options carefully before entering simultaneously submitted work.
- We prefer Word documents, but we will also accept PDFs.
- Do not put your name on your submission. We will match your submission with your name via the title.
- Please do give your story a title and make sure that title matches the name you enter on the form.
- A blind reading will be conducted by our judging panel. The winner will receive $500 and publication on NextTribe’s digital magazine. We will also pick 2 runners up, who each will receive $100 and publication in NextTribe’s digital magazine.
- Although we very rarely do so, please know that we reserve the right to extend the official deadline as needed. Any deadline extensions will be announced via our newsletter, on our website, and in social media.
- All submissions must be submitted via our online submission form manager. We will not accept mail or email submissions.
- All submissions must be previously unpublished.
- International (non-US) writers are welcome to submit.
- All copyright in material submitted or chosen for prizes remains with the author.